Adelaide

Pre-School through 8th Grade. Accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association and by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.

ST. ADELAIDE  CATHOLIC CHURCH

ST. ADELAIDE CATHOLIC CHURCH – Highland (founded in 1956)
Street Address: 27457 E. Baseline St., Highland, CA 92346-3206
Mailing Address: 27457 E. Baseline, Highland, CA 92346-3206
Phone: (909) 862-8669 FAX: (909) 862-1603 EMAIL: stadelaide.highland@sbdiocese.org

CLERGY:
Pastoral Coordinator: Mr. Fernando Solorio
Priest Minister:  Father Alex Rodarte
Deacon: Victor Barrion

OFFICE HOURS: M – F 8 am – 4 pm; closed for lunch 12pm-1pm

MASSES: Sat: 5pm; Sun: 7:30am, 9:00am, 11am, 1:00 pm (Spanish); 5:00pm Lifeteen
Weekdays: 7:30am, Fridays 8:15am; Holy Days: 7am & 7pm, Legal Holidays 9am
Confessions: Sat. 3:00-4:30pm and by appointment

DEMOGRAPHICS
Vicariate: San Bernardino
Entity: 1334

HISTORY
Msgr. Hugh McNelis had just returned from an assignment in Africa in 1950 when Bishop Charles Buddy gave him the mission of opening St. Adelaide, a new parish in Highland. The original parish comprised of about 30 families and an orange grove with a very old house on it. After a flurry of fundraising and much hard work, the first church was built by Christmas of 1956. In 1962 a parish school went up and the next year, a convent to house the Sisters who taught in the school.

In 1967 the new pastor, Fr. William Bolger, erected the Parish Hall and in 1977, under the leadership of Fr. William Erstad, a new rectory was built. But the following year, a disastrous fire destroyed the church.

The opening of the new church came on June 4, 1980. The most recent pastor, Fr. John Ryan, retired in 2002 after breaking ground for a new Parish Center in 2001 and dedicating it on May 19, 2002.

In July of that year, Sr. Maura Feeley, RSM, began her work as Pastoral Coordinator to help guide St. Adelaide’s parish into the future. Now embracing more than 1900 registered parishioners with more than 3000 family members, the parish has grown and flourished over the years and today also serves St. John Bosco Mission, East Highland.

In 2013, Fernando Solorio became the Pastoral Coordinator of St. Adelaide.  The expansion of St. Adelaide Church began in June 2014 and completed in April 2016.  The newly expanded church now seats one thousand.  Bishop Gerald Barnes dedicated our new church on April 23, 2016.

horse_logo